Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sequoia's Journal: Entry 2

Tuesday Night

Journal,

Sitting Bull was killed last night. Our tribe is grieving and are traveling to Fort Yates to bury him. We are very upset. Some of his warriors are still talking about going back to get the police that did this to him. The next runner-up for our tribe is none other than one of the warriors of Sitting Bull's, Matahanwak. He is very wise. He is old, possibly in his fifties. My mother is always talking about how she wishes that she would be the next leader. I am really doubting this. Mother is upset because she has thought about being a leader, but was too afraid to. She was going to send me to talk to him about it, but she didn't.
Sitting Bull was like a father to me. I did not know how to feel. It reminded me to go back to when my father got killed protecting my mother.

That's my father. He was a brave person. He wasn't afraid to speak his mind, even if he would get killed. Sitting Bull reminds me of my dad. I was never lonely. He was the one who told me secret stories. I think he knew why my father was killed.
I was later told why my father was killed. He was one of Sitting Bull's warriors. One of the warriors had told me. I ran away to the cliffs to be alone. They sent out a search party to find me. My mother found me and I was crying. I was very upset that she never told me. She apologized and we made up. I am very glad. We ate the dinner of more fish then heard the story of the Oto tribe again.

Once again, I must retire and go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment